Cedar Hill ISD is committed to recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of our scholars and staff. Many are deserving of and earn recognition for their efforts, making it virtually impossible to honor all awards at school board meetings. The District has developed guidelines for the qualifications for Board Recognitions.
Lone Star Scholar Recognition Guidelines
- Scholars who demonstrate academic, artistic, leadership or service excellence as reflected in the CHISD Board goals are eligible to be recognized. The following items are representative of the types of awards that are eligible for recognition:
- Literacy proficiency for scholars in grades kindergarten through third
- Scholar performance on Algebra 1 End of Instruction exam
- Scholar’s proven readiness for college, career or military.
- First, second, or third-place regional, state, national, and/or international awards
- Qualifiers for state/national school-sanctioned competitions
- Perfect score on state or national assessments
- District-level contest winners (UIL)
- The campus teacher, coach, sponsor, principal, or a district-level coordinator must initiate the request for student recognition by completing the request form.
- Requests should be submitted within ten (10) days of the student earning the recognition.
- Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, the CHISD communications coordinator will notify the initiator of the date of the Board meeting at which the recognition will occur. School Board meetings are held the third Monday of each month.
- There will be no scholar recognition during the summer break months.
- An invitation letter for each recognized student will be sent directly to the student being recognized, with a courtesy copy to the initiator of the request. The letter will contain RSVP directions for the students and/or parents regarding attendance plans. Notification of attendance is encouraged to know who will be announced and recognized at the meeting.
- Scholars recognized will receive a certificate courtesy of the CHISD communications department.