Skip To Main Content

Parent Complaint Forms

Complaints Grievances Concerns

For Parents & Students

Informal Complaint Process

The Board encourages students and parents to discuss their concerns with the appropriate teacher, principal, or other campus administrator who has the authority to address the concerns. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level.

Contact the Staff Member

The most direct route to resolving a concern is to confer directly with the person involved, (teacher, coach, etc.) More than 95% of concerns are resolved by a conversation between those involved.

Contact the Campus Administrator

The principal and assistant principal(s) are responsible for the school’s operation. Explanations of policies and procedures, various clarifications and all types of campus information are available in campus administration offices.

Informal resolution is encouraged but shall not extend any deadlines in the complaint/grievance policy, except by mutual written consent.

Contact the Student Services Office

The Executive Director of Student Services, Dr. Norbert Whitaker, may be reached at

Formal grievance and Complaint Process

A student or parent may initiate the formal process by timely filing a written complaint form. In most circumstances, students and parents shall file Level One complaints with the campus principal.

Formal complaints must be filed within 15 days of the date the student or parent first knew, or with reasonable diligence should have known, of the decision or action giving rise to the complaint or grievance.

Even after initiating the formal complaint process, students and parents are encouraged to seek informal resolution of their concerns. A student or parent whose concerns are resolved may withdraw a formal complaint at any time.

Level 1 grievance/complaint form 

Level 2 grievance/complaint form 

If the student or parent has not received the relief requested from the formal complaint at Level 2 or if the time for a response has expired, the student or parent may submit a Level 3 Parent/Students Appeal form to appeal the decision to the Board.

Level 3 grievance/complaint form