Cedar Hill ISD Facebook Page Guidelines
This is the official Facebook page for Cedar Hill ISD. Content is managed by the District’s Communications department. The purpose of this page is to distribute information about upcoming events, the achievements of students and staff and other news pertaining to the district.
Cedar Hill ISD is participating in Facebook to efficiently and effectively distribute information through an additional channel. The main objective is to share the many accomplishments of our students, staff and the district as a whole. Additionally, breaking news and updates will be published via this Facebook page. Users may opt to receive such updates via e-mail or on mobile devices to help them stay informed of the latest happenings.
Citizens and members of the media are asked to submit requests for information through established channels rather than post requests as comments on the district’s Facebook page. Requests for documentation left as comments will not be processed. To contact the Communications office, email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Public information requests pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act may be made by following the instructions at located here.
The district neither endorses nor condones advertising messages that appear on the district’s Facebook Page. Neither Cedar Hill ISD nor the district’s Facebook page administrators have any control over such advertisements.
District students and staff members are encouraged to use this Facebook Page only outside of school and work time.
The administrators reserve the right to remove comments that violate district policies or do not adhere to the following guidelines. The administrators also reserve the right to remove comments at any time, for any reason. Content is designed to be appropriate for all users, regardless of age. Comments left on the page should follow the same guideline. Those individuals who violate the comments policy face becoming permanently banned from participation on this page. The terms of usage may be updated at any time without prior notice. Comments are solely the opinions of the users who post them. The district takes no responsibility for misinformation included in user comments.
Comments are welcome and encouraged. However, comments will be removed if they:
- Do not pertain to the topic of a specific posting made by the page administrator.
- Identify individual students or staff in defamatory, abusive or negative terms.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. Remarks that are racist, homophobic, vulgar, sexist, otherwise discriminatory, or attempt to incite others to engage in inappropriate or illegal activity are not permitted. Statements that are likely to offend or provoke others are also not allowed. Staff and students posting to the page must adhere to the district’s policies and guidelines on the appropriate standards of conduct.
- Do not consider others’ right to privacy. The District is charged with protecting the privacy and rights of its students and staff.
- Violate any Cedar Hill ISD policy.
- Violate U.S. fair use or copyright laws.
- Promote or advertise a service or product.
- Contain links to other websites.
- Contain photographs or links to photographs. Only the site administrators are allowed to post photos to this page.
- Represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Contain political information, positive or negative, including information regarding Board of Trustees elections.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, please send e-mail to: email@example.com.