Public Information Requests
Requesting Public Information from Cedar Hill ISD
- If you are requesting student records, those requests are not handled through Open Records. Please access the form found here.
- Transcripts can be obtained by contacting the registrar at Cedar Hill High School or Cedar Hill Collegiate High School. Click here for a list of current registrars.
- Click here for additional information regarding the Texas Public Information Act.
CHISD ISD will provide the requested information promptly. Depending upon the complexity of the request and volume of other pending requests, this is typically 10 business days. If we are unable to complete your request within 10 business days, we will notify you of the date we expect to complete your request. If your request includes information that we believe is confidential or excepted from release, we will submit a request for an opinion to the Texas Attorney General to determine whether the requested information may be released or must be withheld.
Governmental bodies are not required to answer questions, perform legal research, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis as such information is prepared in the future.
Potential Costs for Requesting Information
As provided by Texas Government Code § 552.261, the following estimate is an amount that reasonably includes all costs related to reproducing the public information, including costs of materials, labor, and overhead. The estimate is based on the district’s determination regarding what documents you are requesting and is subject to change upon receipt of any narrowing and/or clarification of your request.
The charges are set forth in 1 TAC § 70.3:
- The charges for standard paper copies reproduced by means of an office machine copier or a computer printer is $.10 per page or part of a page. Each side that has recorded information is considered a page.
- The charge for labor costs incurred in processing your request for public information is $15.00 an hour and includes the actual time to locate, compile, manipulate data and reproduce the requested information. It also includes the time spent to redact any confidential information in order to release the public information. Since the estimate for your request includes costs of labor, you may require the district’s officer for public information or the officer's agent to provide you with a written statement as to the amount of time that was required to produce and provide the copy.
You may request information in the following ways:
|Click here to access the form
285 Uptown Blvd Suite 300
Attn: Communications Department
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Cedar Hill ISD Administration Building
285 Uptown Blvd Office 1310
Cedar Hill, TX 75104