An employee shall be granted up to three days of bereavement leave upon the death of a member of the employee’s immediate family.
Please click the link below to request bereavement days
Immediate family is defined per CHISD Local policy as:
- Son or daughter, including biological, adopted, or foster child, son- or daughter-in-law, stepchild, legal ward, or a child whom the employee stands in loco parentis.
- Parent, step-parent, parent-in-law or other individual who stand in loco parentis to the employee
- Sibling, stepsibling and sibling-in-law
- Grandparent and grandchild
- Any person residing in the employee’s household at the time of illness or death.