Skip To Main Content


Benefits Department

The CHISD Benefits Department provides the Longhorn Experience by offering you a comprehensive benefit package. Use the navigation below to learn more about the different offerings available to you as an employee of the Cedar Hill ISD.

If you do not find what you need, use the staff directory to the left to contact the appropriate Business Office team member.  If this is an emergency, CHISD staff may contact Crystal LeMaster at 972-685-1221 or Parker Bingham at 469-883-6442 during normal business hours.


Cedar Hill ISD Benefits Hub

If you need ID cards, claim forms, list of providers, insurance company names, phone numbers, or other benefit information, please visit: 

The CHISD Benefits HUB 

Head to CHISD Benefits Hub

For 403(b) or 457 services, contact National Benefit Services at 1-801-406-6477. To add, change or delete contributions please complete the Salary Reduction Agreement

Financial Benefit Services, (FBS) is the Third Party Administrators for CHISD

You may access the FBS Benefits CareLine at 1-833-453-1680

Monday-Thursday: 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-3pm

Client Service Representatives will be available to help with:

  • Enrollment and benefit questions
  • Claims assistance with life insurance, disability insurance or critical illness insurance
  • Continuing coverage for employees who have been terminated.

Texas School Health Benefit Plan (TSHBP) 

Medical coverage questions not found on The Benefits HUB, call customer service at


To view claims, print ID cards, etc. please visit

Head to TSHB Homepage

Contact the CHISD Benefits Office

Contact Information:
Kathy Shaw, Benefits Coordinator
Office: 972-291-1581 ext. 4026
Fax:  972-293-7727

Regular Hours:
Monday through Thursday
8 AM to 4:30 PM
8 AM to 4:00 PM

Summer Hours (June/July)
Monday through Thursday
7 AM - 5:30 PM
Closed on Fridays

Work-Related Injuries: 

Do you know what to do if you are injured on the job?  If you are unsure what to do, please familiarize yourself with the following procedures.

The procedures outlined below are based on regulations and laws defined by the Division of Workers’ Compensation for the State of Texas. 

  • When an employee incurs an on-the-job injury, it must be reported to the designated person(s).  Each campus's health clinic employee(s) is the first contact.  For department employees, injuries should be reported to their direct supervisor. 

  • The injured employee will then be given an Employee Injury Report (EIR) packet.  The report must be completed, signed, and dated by the injured worker and a campus administrator or department supervisor. Then, the report should be returned to the clinic personnel or supervisor, who should forward it to the Benefits Department within 24 hours. FAX: 972-293-7727 Scan/email 

  • The campus clinic personnel or supervisor should maintain a copy. The employee should keep the original.

  • If the employee needs emergency treatment by a hospital ER and cannot drive themselves or does not have a family member to help, call 911.  The campus clinic personnel or supervisor should contact Kathy Shaw immediately with the employee's name and the facility where the employee is transported. THE EIR should then be completed by campus clinic personnel or the supervisor to the best of their knowledge and submitted to the Benefits Department.

All TRS RETIREMENT questions should be directed to the appropriate department at Teacher Retirement System of Texas. 1-800-223-8778

FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT (FMLA) – Please send all requests and questions regarding FMLA by email to the Benefits Office at