Pre-K & Kinder Enrollment
Why Pre-K & Kindergarten?
Enrolling your scholar in an early childhood education is one of the best decisions you can make! Ninety percent of the brain is developed by the age of five. Cedar Hill ISD prek and kindergarten focus on readiness skills in all academic areas as well as the important social, emotional, and problem-solving skills they will need for success in school.
CHISD prek programs include:
- State-of-the-Art classrooms
- Technology-rich classrooms
- Social Emotional Learning
- Library Services
- Parent classes and parent education classes
- Certified nurses and counselors
- Rigorous curriculum focused on kindergarten readiness skills and the PK guidelines
- Hands-on lessons in STEM, literacy and more!
In February 2021, Educate Texas and the Texas Instruments (TI) Foundation awarded Cedar Hill ISD with a multi-year, multi-million dollar grant to make STEM education available to every scholar. Your child will have access to exciting and engaging STEM focused lessons, clubs and field trips. Our new CHISD STEM Center opened in August 2021 offering our littlest Longhorns an opportunity to explore science, technology, engineering & math.