PreK is one of the best decisions you can make for your scholar. Ninety percent of the brain is developed by the age of five. Cedar Hill ISD prek focuses on kindergarten readiness skills in all academic areas as well as the important social, emotional, and problem-solving skills they will need for success in school.
CHISD prek programs include:
- State-of-the-Art classrooms
- Free Breakfast and Lunch
- Technology-rich classrooms
- Social Emotional Learning
- Library Services
- Parent classes and parent education classes
- Certified nurses and counselors
- Rigorous curriculum focused on kindergarten readiness skills and the PK guidelines
- Hands-on lessons in STEM, literacy and more!
In February 2021, Educate Texas and the Texas Instruments (TI) Foundation awarded Cedar Hill ISD with a multi-year, multi-million dollar grant to make STEM education available to every scholar. Your child will have access to exciting and engaging STEM focused lessons, clubs and field trips. The new CHISD STEM Center will open in August 2021 offering even our littlest Longhorns an opportunity to explore science, technology, engineering & math.
So that we may register your student correctly, select the drop down that best fits you.