CEDAR HILL ISD DRESS CODE
Cedar Hill ISD believes that school performance and student success are enhanced by appropriate dress and good grooming. Students are expected to be in dress code beginning on the first day of school. Violations of the dress code shall be handled at the campus level.
Clear or Mesh Backpacks are required for the 2023-24 school year.
Dress Code guidelines for ALL Elementary and Middle School campuses, Collegiate Academy and Collegiate High School 9th-10th grades
- Solid color red, black or white* shirt with collar
- Small logo (1 inch or less) located on the chest is acceptable
- Long sleeve or short sleeve polo or button up shirt is acceptable
- Black or khaki pants/shorts/capris/skirts/jumpers
- Shorts at least fingertip length
- Cargo pants
- Cargo shorts at least fingertip length
- Skirts and jumpers at least knee length all the way around
- A belt if needed to prevent pants from dragging or sagging; pants must be worn at the natural waist
- Shoes with a heel and closed toe
- Tennis shoes/sneakers
- Dress shoes/loafers
- Solid color red, black or white sweaters, cardigans, hoodies and sweatshirts
- School issued hoodies or sweatshirts
- Red, black, white or gray CHISD spirit hoodie or CHISD spirit sweatshirt
- Solid color red, black, or white collared shirt must be worn under sweater, cardigans, hoodies or sweatshirt*
- Jackets and heavy winter coats – any style or color
- Solid color red, black, or white collared shirt must be worn under jacket or coat*
Unacceptable Dress & Accessories
- All shirt colors except white are permissible at Collegiate Prep Elementary
- Wind pants, yoga pants, athletic pants/shorts, sweat pants, or knit jogger pants
- Leggings or tights may be worn as pants
- Slippers, house shoes, sandals or flip flops
- Unnatural hair colors or distracting hairstyles
- Single color dark blue or black hemmed denim jeans may be worn with CHISD spirit shirt or solid color red, black or white collared shirt
- Jean shorts at least fingertip length
- Jean skirts at least knee length all the way around
- A belt if needed to prevent pants from dragging or sagging
- Sagging or dragging jeans, cutoffs and freefrom holes or tears
- Leggings, “jeggings” or tights worn as pants
- Jeans with patterns, designs or colored denim
*Collegiate Pathway scholars can wear red or black shirts with collar and patch
Dress Code guidelines for Collegiate High School 11th-12th grades and ALL Cedar Hill High School
- Any color shirt is allowed.
- Any pant color is allowed.
- Sleeveless tops must measure 2 inches or more across the shoulders.
- All shirts/blouses/tops must cover cleavage, the entire back and midriff.
- The middle section (midriff) must be covered at all times including during reasonable movement.
- The layering of shirts or tops is acceptable provided the combination of clothing meets the dress code standards throughout the school day.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must reach the width of a horizontal ID card from the knee all the way around while sitting and standing.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must be measured from the top of the slit.
- Spandex, tights, leggings/jeggings, and yoga style clothing are allowed only if they are worn under pants, shorts, skorts, dresses, and skirts that are the length of a horizontal ID card from the knee all the way around.
- Appropriately sized coats and jackets may be worn to school, but campus administration may require the item be stored in the student’s locker.
Unacceptable Dress & Accessories
- Clothing considered too revealing (halter, tube tops, tank tops, tops with large armholes, muscle shirts, cut-off shirts, low-cut tops, crop tops, bare midriffs)
- Transparent and/or see-through material is considered unacceptable unless worn over another article of clothing that meets dress code.
- Jeans and pants with holes or frayed material, which reveals any area of skin or undergarments above fingertip length.
- Sagging pants and shorts.
- Skirts that do not fit at the waistline.
- Pajamas, bathrobes, and/or sleepwear.
- Visible underwear.
- Visible sliding/biking/compression shorts.
- Gym uniforms/athletic shorts.
- Caps, hats, berets, head scarfs (unless for medical or religious reasons), hoods (hoodie), Du rags, kerchiefs, or visors.
- Sunglasses (unless medical documentation or administrator approval is provided).
- Blankets or throws.
- Bandanas (as a head covering or headband).
- Visible piercings with the exception of the ears and one single piercing on the face.
- Accessories, symbols, jewelry, tattoos, or paraphernalia, that depict or suggest an association with a gang, secret society/fraternity, inappropriate or derogatory language, racism, or sexual connotations and or deemed distracting.
- Chains or wallets with chains.
- Spiked jewelry.
- Cleats, shoes with wheels, houseshoes/slippers or other shoes deemed unsafe.
- Mouth accessories to include “grillzs” or Dracula teeth.
- Eye contacts that are cat eyes or Halloween/costume style contacts.
- Costumes (unless approved by a school-organized activity).
- Hair that causes a health or safety hazard and or a disruption of the school environment.