Longhorn Virtual Academy
To meet the needs of our scholars who are currently thriving in online instruction, Cedar Hill ISD is proud to announce the launch of the Longhorn Virtual Academy.
The CHISD Virtual Longhorn Academy will launch during the 2021-2022 school year with limited spots available for 5th -12th grade. This is a 100% virtual program, therefore all instruction will be provided online.
Current scholars who meet the following eligibility requirements may apply for VLA:
- The scholar is currently thriving in Cedar Hill’s virtual learning option, as evidenced by passing grades and other measures.
- The scholar has met all available End of Course (EOC) and STAAR exam requirements.
- The scholar has taken the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) and met all college readiness benchmarks OR has a qualifying exemption based on ACT or SAT scores OR agrees to participate in the virtual Texas Bridge summer program.
- The scholar has satisfactory attendance and behavior records.
- The scholar is on track to meet graduation requirements.
- The scholar's parent(s)/guardian(s) is in full support of their child participating in a 100% virtual instructional program.
Why Longhorn Virtual Academy?
Scholars take online courses for a variety of reasons. Many use online courses for credit recovery while others use online courses for elective credit and personal enrichment.
From the scholar’s point of view, online learning is attractive because it is:
CHISD is currently accepting applications for the Longhorn Virtual Academy for the 2021-22 school year.