About the Program
Lake Ridge Elementary offers Montessori programs for scholars ages 3 to 11 in multi-age classrooms. In addition to required learning, children gain independence through the Montessori curriculum at their own pace. Pre-K tuition costs $450 per month ($225 for current CHISD employees) or free for those who qualify. Kindergartners through fifth-graders attend for free. Choosing a Montessori program for your child has many benefits. Montessori is known for individually paced learning and fostering independence.
The Montessori Method also encourages empathy, a passion for social justice, and a joy in lifelong learning. Given the freedom and support to question, to probe deeply, and to make connections, Montessori scholars become confident, enthusiastic, self-directed learners. They are able to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly—a skill set for the 21st century.
- Multi-age classrooms encourage learning based on a child’s natural development.
- Scholars learn at their own pace by choosing their own path with materials and experiences.
- Scholars learn in a family-oriented, community-based environment with a caring staff.
- Families must complete the online application.
- Parents must attend one (1) scheduled parent interest meeting.
- Parents/scholar must complete a mandatory interview and classroom observation with school faculty.
- Families must provide the required documentation:
- Birth certificate
- PreK Qualifying Document