Permenter Executive Board
VP President of Membership
Event Coordinator- Open
Every child’s potential is a reality.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
● To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
● To raise the standards of home life;
● To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
● To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
● To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
● To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
● Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
● Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
● Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
● Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
● Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
PTA NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR FAMILY-SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS
● Welcoming All Families into the School Community Families are active participants in the life of the school, and feel welcomed, valued, and connected to each other, to school staff, and to what students are learning and doing in class.
● Communicating Effectively Families and school staff engage in regular, two-way, meaningful communication about student learning.
● Supporting Student Success Families and school staff continuously collaborate to support students’ learning and healthy development both at home and at school, and have regular opportunities to strengthen their knowledge and skills to do so effectively.
● Speaking Up for Every Child Families are empowered to be advocates for their own and other children, to ensure that students are treated fairly and have access to learning opportunities that will support their success.
● Sharing Power Families and school staff are equal partners in decisions that affect children and families and together inform, influence, and create policies, practices, and programs.
● Collaborating with Community Families and school staff collaborates with community members to connect students, families, and staff to expanded learning opportunities, community services, and civic participation.