The weather is frightful, but the learning goes on.
- PreK-2nd Grade
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
STEAM Snow Activities
Creativity is encouraged! Feel free to expand upon a writing topic or activity and projects.
Tic Tac Toe Boards for Spring Learning (Join codes for Google Classroom are on the Tic Tac Toe Boards) Watch the video on the right for help on joining the Classroom and completing and turning in assignments.Use your District Google Login (Username:email@example.com Password: 8-digit birthday (mmddyear) to join the “Alive with Learning Classroom” to submit your projects.Questions or issues with your Google Login, please email student name, grade, campus, and 8-digit bday to firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you are having issues joining the Google Classroom, you can email assignments to email@example.com.The Hill is Alive with Learning Writing ContestThe center square of each Tic Tac Toe Board contains a writing prompt. Complete this writing prompt and be entered into a writing contest. Prompts are in Google Classroom.Writing Prompts for contest:
Grading RubricsTheReward: All projects submitted will be judged and prizes will be awarded for creativity and content. Prizes will included Longhorn Gear and even a pizza lunch with Superintendent Riddick.Share the LearningBe sure to share the many other exciting things you're doing to keep learning over the break. Tweet, post, and email us your #AlivewithLearning Selfies and mention @cedarhillisdSome suggestions:
- K-2 - "Spring has Sprung" - Write a paragraph about how you know it’s Spring time. Include sights, sounds, smells, and more. OR write a story about what would happen if you woke up one morning as a flower.
- 3-5 - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words - Take an interesting photo of a place you visit or would like to visit during spring break. Write about the photo using sensory language so that the reader feels like they are a part of the scene. Upload the the photo to the Google template then add your writing below. Be creative!
- 6-8 - Inventions - Through the years new inventions have changed the way we live. Think about one invention that has had an impact on the way you live. Now write to explain to your teacher how this invention has changed your life and how your life would be different without it.
- 9-12 - Public School System - Some people feel that the public school system does not adequately prepare students for the real world. Identify one improvement you think schools need to make in order to better prepare students for life after high school. Write a letter to the school board in which you describe this improvement and explain why it is needed.
More Spring time fun for the family - Complete the Spring Bucket List - http://www.education.com/download/worksheet/112185/spring-bucket-list.pdf
- Reading a book in the car, sitting on the beach, famous landmarks,etc.
- Visiting a zoo or museum
- Visiting the library