• Happy Students

    My student does not live in Cedar Hill 


    CHISD is an open enrollment district. If you live outside of the Cedar Hill ISD attendance zone, you may apply to attend a CHISD school. Approval is based on availability and student academic performance. There are two steps to completing an out of district transfer request:


    Step 1: Complete the online enrollment application (click here to review a step by step guide)


    Step 2: Complete and bring this student transfer form to your preferred campus

    The following documents are required to complete enrollment and can be uploaded during to the online enrollment application or hand delivered to your preferred campus. Note: campuses re-open Aug. 7. Emails to campus registration can be found here.

    •  Parent/Legal Guardian's Government Issued Photo Identification
    • Proof of Residency (a current electric, gas, water bill or lease agreement)
    • Multiple family households where the parent/guardian does not have proof of residency documentation in their name, will need to complete this dual residency form.
    • Student's Social Security Card
    • Student's Shot Record
    • Student's Certified Birth Certificate
    • Student's Prior Year Report Card/Transcript

    A student’s registration is not complete without all of the information above.

    Those requesting to transfer into the district will be notified of their acceptance by the campus principal.  


    FAQs for students transferring to CHISD


    I requested an account but never received an email with my username/password.

    You should receive an email from Skyward Server. Be sure to check your junk and spam folders. It can take up to 24 hours to receive this email. If you did not receive an email from Skyward, email familyaccess@chisd.net for assistance.


    Can I stop and start again?

    Yes, you can save your application and complete it at a later date.


    How does the online process work?

    Read this step-by-step guide to see how the process works.  


    When does the form need to be submitted?

    To be considered for the grand prize of a $100 gift card, your application must be submitted before noon August 14.


    My student has previously attended CHISD but did not finish the school year. Are they considered a new student or returning student?

    If your student was not enrolled on the last day of the previous year, they are considered a new student.


    I have a current student and need to enroll a sibling. How do I do this?

    Log into your Family Access account and click New Student Online Registration to complete the enrollment application for your new student.


    How do I register more than one student?

    After you submit the application for the first student, click Enroll Additional Students on the summary page. You can use your same username/password for all of your children.


    Is an email address required to complete online registration?

    Yes, you must have an email address to receive your username/password.


    Do I have to complete online registration for every child in my household?

    The online process must be completed for every student who will be enrolled on the first day of school.


    How do I register my student for before and after school care?

    Elementary students receive care before and after school on their campus. The fee-based program is managed by a company called Right at School. Click here to register.