Council of PTAs
Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.The Cedar Hill Council of PTAs provides leadership, advocacy, communication, and guidance to our 11 local PTAs in CHISD. Our membership is made up of parents, students, staff, and community members who volunteer countless hours a year. We all work together effortlessly for one common cause - to provide ALL scholars with an excellent public education.
At the Council level, we work closely with the Family & Community Engagement team, and our Superintendent to communicate the goals and ideas as they apply to all our scholars in CHISD. Our PTAs run volunteer programs for the classrooms, hold special events that build the community and improve communication through newsletters and informational meetings.
The PTA, while nonpartisan, is also a politically active lobbying organization, supporting school funding measures as well as legislation to support public schools and the well being of children and their families.To join your campus PTA, please contact your school's PTA Chapter at the email addresses provided below:
2023-24 Council of PTAs Officers
- Sarah Bardo – President
- Shannon Powell-Hart - Secretary
- Tiffanie Plummer - Treasurer
- Andrea Roberson - Parliamentarian
Connect with your Campus PTA
- Collegiate Prep Elementary - firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Pointe Elementary - email@example.com
- Highlands Elementary - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Ridge Elementary - email@example.com
- Plummer Elementary - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waterford Oaks Elementary - email@example.com
- Bessie Coleman Middle School - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permenter Middle School - email@example.com
Stay Connected and Follow Us!
Facebook - facebook.com/CHISDPTAsCouncil