Transfer requests for the 1st semester of the 2020-2021 school year will close on October 1, 2020. All requests received after that time, will not be reviewed until the beginning of the 2nd semester (February 2020).
Transfers will NOT be evaluated until the documentation and the transfer request is received!
2020-2021 Student Transfer Information
Please DO NOT complete a student transfer request if have moved into CHISD and are transferring from another school district and are needing to enroll in CHISD. Please visit the CHISD Registration page to begin the enrollment process.
CHISD offers two types of student transfers:
1. In District Transfers - for those students who wish to attend a CHISD campus that is NOT their assigned CHISD campus based upon their home address. This is NOT required for students accpeted into programs of choice.
2. Out of District Transfers - for students who reside outside of the CHISD school year who wish to attend a CHISD school.
No School Transportation will be provided for any transfer student.
Board policies governing student transfers may be found at FDB (legal) and FDB (local).
Students who are needing to enroll into CHISD need to complete the online application by visiting the registration page at www.chisd.net/register.
Students that enrolled in CHISD on an In District or Out of District transfer do NOT need to complete a new request, contract renewals will be send to students by Monday, May 4th.
If you would like to request a transfer for your student for the 2020-2021 school year, please review the criteria below and then click the link to complete the online transfer request that is appropriate. Documentation MUST be either uploaded to the transfer request or emailed to email@example.com before a transfer will be evaluated and a decision made by the district.
- Student must have passed ALL of their classes from the prior semester/year (Documenation required - Last report card and/or transcript)
- Student must have 5 or less unexcused absences in the prior semester (Documentation required - Attendance Record/Letter of Attendance from prior year)
- Student must have no more than 1 discipline referral and NO out of school suspensions or DAEP/JJAEP placements in the prior year (Documentation required - Discipline Letter/Letter of Discipline Assurance from prior year)
- Student must have passed all required state testing (Documentation required - state testing results) ***This criteria will not be used for the 2020-2021 school year due to the elimination of the STAAR/EOC testing requirements)
In District Transfer Request - NOW OPEN for the 2020-2021 school year
Out of District Transfer Request - NOW OPEN for the 2020-2021 school year