Student Transfer Requests
2020-2021 Transfers are now CLOSED; Transfer requests for the 2021-2022 school year will open May 1, 2021. Please review the infromation below and have all documentation ready to upload to the transfer request starting May 1st.
CHISD offers two types of student transfers:
1. In District Transfers - for those students who wish to attend a CHISD campus that is NOT their assigned CHISD campus based upon their home address. This is NOT required for students accpeted into programs of choice.
2. Out of District Transfers - for students who reside outside of the CHISD school year who wish to attend a CHISD school.
No School Transportation will be provided for any transfer student.
Board policies governing student transfers may be found at FDB (legal) and FDB (local).
Students who are needing to enroll into CHISD need to complete the online application by visiting the registration page at www.chisd.net/register.
Transfer Requests (2021-2022)
If you would like to request a transfer for your student for the 2021-2022 school year, please review the criteria below and then click the link to complete the online transfer request that is appropriate. Documentation MUST be either uploaded to the transfer request or emailed to email@example.com before a transfer will be evaluated and a decision made by the district.
- Student must have passed ALL of their classes from the prior semester/year (Documenation required - Last report card and/or transcript)
- Student must have 5 or less unexcused absences in the prior semester (Documentation required - Attendance Record/Letter of Attendance from prior year)
- Student must have no more than 1 discipline referral and NO out of school suspensions or DAEP/JJAEP placements in the prior year (Documentation required - Discipline Letter/Letter of Discipline Assurance from prior year)
- Student must have passed all required state testing (Documentation required - state testing results) ***This criteria will not be used for the 2020-2021 school year due to the elimination of the STAAR/EOC testing requirements)
Transfer Request for the 2nd Semester of the 2020-2021 School Year are now CLOSED. The transfer request form for the 2021-2022 school year will be avaialble on May 1, 2021.