Dec. 7, 2020 - Applications for New Scholars Opens
Jan. 22, 2021 - Final Day to submit applications and re-enrollments
About the Program
In the ever-changing digital world in which we live, accruing computer science and coding skills empowers scholars to create, and not merely utilize, new technologies. Computer science education entails the study of computers and algorithmic processes (coding), hardware and software designs, applications, and societal impact. Computer science education exposes scholars to problem-solving and inquiry-based learning experiences, which provides invaluable opportunities to develop essential, transferable skills that will help them achieve across all subject areas and along all chosen career paths. Thus, they will have the knowledge, experience, and skill set to become the leaders and innovators of the future.
At Waterford Oaks, online computer science curriculum is integrated into all core classes at the campus. Scholars will code the water cycle in science class and bring poems and history lessons to life. In addition to improved test scores, the district notes increased scholar engagement. Returning scholars living within the attendance boundaries of Waterford Oaks Elementary are not required to reapply.
Is this the right fit for your scholar?
- Your child enjoys math, especially problem-solving.
- Your child could be described as a patient and a logical thinker.
- Your child enjoys gaming and computers.
- Scholars must cmplete the online application. Click here to start the application process.
- A lottery system is used for scholars applying to the program.
- Scholars not selected are placed on a waiting list.