Montessori at Lake Ridge Elementary
The application window for new scholars in Primary - Upper Elementary Montessori is now closed. If you are interested in applying for the waitlist, please click here.
Dec. 1 - Dec. 17, 2021 Intent to Return Form Due from Current Program Scholars
Jan. 3, 2022 Waitlist application for new scholars OPENS (Lower/Upper Elementary)
Jan. 21, 2022 Waitlist applications for new scholars CLOSES (Lower/Upper Elementary)
Feb. 18, 2022 Observation/Interview Deadline (Lower/Upper Elementary)
March 1, 2022 District Notification of Acceptance (Lower/Upper Elementary)
March 8, 2022 Waitlist application for new scholars OPENS (Primary)
Mar. 11, 2022 Parent/Scholar Acceptance (Lower/Upper Elementary)
March 31, 2022 Waitlist applications for new scholars CLOSES (Primary)
About the Program
Lake Ridge Elementary offers Montessori programs for scholars ages 3 to 11 in multi-age classrooms. In addition to required learning, children gain independence through the Montessori curriculum at their own pace. Pre-K tuition costs $450 per month ($225 for current CHISD employees) or free for those who qualify. Kindergarteners through fifth-graders attend for free. Choosing a Montessori program for your child has many benefits. Montessori is known for individually paced learning and fostering independence.
The Montessori Method also encourages empathy, a passion for social justice, and a joy in lifelong learning. Given the freedom and support to question, to probe deeply, and to make connections, Montessori scholars become confident, enthusiastic, self-directed learners. They are able to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly—a skill set for the 21st century.
- Multi-age classrooms encourage learning based on a child’s natural development.
- Scholars learn at their own pace by choosing their own path with materials and experiences.
- Scholars learn in a family-oriented, community-based environment with a caring staff.
- Scholars must complete the online application available Jan.3-21,2022
- Families must proide the required documentation:
- Birth certificate
- Prek Qualifying Document
- Early Childhood/Primary Program Recommendation Form
- Parents must attend 1 scheduled parent meeting prior.
- Parents/scholar must complete a mandatory interview with school staff.