Cedar Hill Collegiate Academy and High School
The application window for new scholars is now closed. If you are interested in applying for the waitlist, please click here.
Dec. 1 - Dec. 17, 2021 Intent to Return Form Due from Current Program Scholars
Jan. 3, 2022 Waitlist application for new scholars OPENS
Jan. 21, 2022 Waitlist applications for new scholars CLOSES
Feb. 18, 2022 Interview Deadline
March 1, 2022 District Notification of Acceptance
Mar. 11, 2022 Parent/Scholar Acceptance
About the Program
Scholars at the Collegiate Academy (6-8) and High School (9-12) focus on accelerated instruction with pre-advanced placement, advanced placement and dual credit-courses to prepare for post-secondary education. Academy scholars can expect to take course at an accelerated pace. Beginning in ninth grade, scholars can earn up to 60 hours of college credit or an associates degree from Dallas College. For their 11th and 12th grade years, scholars attend classes at Cedar Valley college full-time and are immersed in the college experience.
Collegiate has had a list of successes -- selected as one of the Top 100 High Schools in the US by US News. A list of graduates who have gone on to serve their community and make great strides in their careers.
In fall 2021, Cedar Hill ISD has announced a plan to shift the district’s early college high school designation from Collegiate High School to Cedar Hill High School. Collegiate would then operate under the magnet school model. You can learn more about the change here.
Magnet Model vs. Early College High School Model
The outcome is the same but the acceptance requirements are where you will find the difference. The Early College High School (ECHS) model acceptance requirements are dictated by the state and the magnet model acceptance criteria is determined locally, by a school district.
Is this the right fit for your scholar?
- Your child seeks an enriching course of study that enables him or her to combine high school and college courses in order to earn an associate degree from Cedar Valley College.
- Your scholar is interested in being immersed in the college experience through college coursework available at Cedar Valley College.
- Your child naturally strives for excellence and high achievement.
Associates Degree Information
- Associates of Arts Degree AA - Graduate with up to 60+ college credit hours and an associate of arts degree that may be transferable to any public university in the State of Texas
- For the 2022-23 school year, all scholars must complete the online application to be added to the waitlist.
- If more than 125 scholars apply and qualify all scholars who are eligible will be randomly assigned a number. The first 125 scholars will be the Class of 2022 cohort and the remaining scholars will be placed on the waitlist.
- For Collegiate Academy and High School, all scholars will move to the next grade level if they meet the basic requirements of attendance, discipline, and grades.
- All new scholars must meet the Magnet Criteria to be placed on the waitlist before admission to the program.
Magnet Acceptance Criteria
- 80% average in core subjects (Reading/Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies)
- Score 70% in math and 70% in reading on a Minimum Measurement of Academic Progress MAP, ITBS or similar achievement test.
- Scholars applying for Collegiate High School will need to provide required documentation:
- Most recent report card (for all scholars 2nd - 12th grade)
- MAP Scores or any norm-referenced test scores
- Existing IEP and/or 504 accommodation, if applicable
All new scholars must meet the Magnet Acceptance Criteria to be admitted to the program.