Degrees and Certifications:
STAAR EOC Information
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the required STAAR tests for my child? Required STAAR tests vary by grade level as follows:
- mathematics and reading — Grades 3-8
- writing — Grades 4 and 7
- science — Grades 5 and 8
- social studies — Grade 8
- STAAR end-of-course assessments (required for high school graduation) include algebra I, biology, English I, English II, and U.S. history.
How can I help my child practice and be ready?
The basic checklist for parents to help their child be ready for STAAR tests includes:
- Setting regular teacher meetings to discuss goals
- Reviewing sample STAAR questions and tests available
- Practicing at home with free online tutorials and learning tools
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before test day
Where can I go to find more information regarding STAAR?
What additional resources and/or support is being offered at the High School to prepare my child for testing?
- EOC Reviews in tested area classes
- STAAR EOC Bell-ringers
- Saturday EOC Bootcamp
- EOC Pullouts
- Additional Home Resources
- Level 3 Enrichment Activities
What are the dates for Saturday EOC Bootcamp?
- Saturday, February 21st (English I and II only)
- Saturday, February 28th (English I and II only)
- Saturday, March 21st (English I and II only)
- Saturday, March 28th (English I and II only)
- Saturday, April 4th (English I and II only)
- Saturday, April 25th (Algebra I, Biology, US History only)
- Saturday, May 2nd (Algebra I, Biology, US History only)
Who should I contact regarding STAAR EOC for my student?
- Shanta Mackey, Dean of Instruction firstname.lastname@example.org
or your chils'd counselor may be contacted:
Camille Vaughn (Last name A-Ed)
Kimberly Burns (Last name Eg-Ka)
Bonnie Baker (Last name Ke-Rod)
Patrice Gray (Last name Rog-Z)
How can I view my child’s state assessment results (student profile)?
- Go to: https://www.texasassessment.com/
- Click: “Log in to Student Portal”
- Enter access code and student date of birth or Lookup Access Code
- (To Lookup Access Code: Enter student’s first name, Social Security #/PEIMS ID, and DOB) then Click “GO”
- You will then be given a unique access code
As always, contact CHHS for further questions and/or concerns. Thanks for all you do!
Visit https://www.chisd.net/Domain/2035 for more info
Follow me on Twitter @ShantaMackey1