There are two important steps to apply for the Bessie Coleman Middle School Environmental Science & Engineering Academy and the W. S. Permenter Middle School Entrepreneurship & Design Academy.
Step 1: Attend a parent information meeting. Click here to see a list of dates and times.
This is required. Those who attend will receive a certificate which must be included in the online application.
Step 2: Complete the online application.
Click here to apply. Create a login and password and then select your preferred campus from the dropdown menu. Students within Cedar Hill and neighboring communities are eligible to apply.
The following documents are required for the application. Everything can be submitted through the online portal.
- State assessment results,or other standardized test if currently enrolled in a private school, from the previous year
- Current report card
- Current attendance report, if attendance is not indicated on report card
- If applicable, current Individual Education Program (IEP), Section 504 Plan, LPAC documentation, Gifted & Talented documentation, or a health services plan
- Certificate of attendance from a parent information session. If you are applying to both academies, you must attend a parent session at each academy and upload both certificates required.
- A reference from each of the student’s current Math and English teachers
The deadline to apply for the 2018-19 school year is Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. Check your application status through the application web portal; information will only be updated online. Parents are requested to accept or decline admission through the web portal.