There are two important steps to apply for the Environmental Science & Engineering Academy at Bessie Coleman Middle School and the Entrepreneurship & Design Academy at W.S. Permenter Middle School.
This is required. Those who attend will receive a certificate which must be included in the online application.
Step 2: Complete the Online Application
The application process will take place through an online portal. Nothing should be mailed or emailed separately. Students within Cedar Hill and neighboring communities are eligible to apply.
The following documents are required for the application. Everything can be submitted through the online portal.
- State assessment results,or other standardized test if currently enrolled in a private school, from the previous year
- Current report card
- Current attendance report, if attendance is not indicated on report card
- If applicable, current Individual Education Program (IEP), Section 504 Plan, LPAC documentation, Gifted & Talented documentation, or a health services plan
- Certificate of attendance from a parent information session. If you are applying to both academies, you must attend a parent session at each academy and upload both certificates required.
- A reference from each of the student’s current Math and English teachers
The deadline for the online application will be posted before winter break.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. You may check your application status through the application web portal. Information will only be updated online. Parents are requested to accept or decline admission through the web portal.